Mid Ohio Sports Training trains advanced 8th graders and 9th -12th graders. Our main goals is to get these student athletes prepared for the next level whether it's high school or college. By the time June come we prepare our elite players for the Mid Ohio College football tour where we go to different football camps at Universities across the Midwest. The cost to train for an hour and an half is only 10 dollars cant get any better than that. We train at the Sports Barn in Easton Town Center across from the chiller.
1. We do agility work such as ( Speed Ladder, Cone drills, Parachute, Bands)
2. Secondly we do position drills (Run routes, DB drills, RB drills)
3. Lastly we have one on one's (This is towards the end of the session )
4. Everything is video taped and we post the video's and pictures on our site and facebook page @ Mid Ohio.
Just in its second year of existence, Mid-Ohio has seen an extraordinary turnout at their workouts, drawing some of the most highly recruited players in the area and even some current college players who come back to help the kids, such as Le'veon Bell Michigan State Running Back, Bowling Green Defensive back Jude Adjei-Barimah, Ball State Wide Reciever Jack Tomlinson.
"I'm just working on getting more explosive and working on some of the little things like running routes and also helping out a lot of the younger kids that are here," said Bell. "I definitely feel obligated to help people out, everybody needs a little bit of help. I came back just to help out all of the high school kids and my little cousins and brothers."
Bell's impressive freshman season at Michigan State and willingness to give back to the community has made him a local role model for many young athletes in the Columbus area.
"My freshman season was just a blessing from God," Bell said. "It was a lot of hard work and dedication and I'm just doing everything I can to get better including staying in the film room
Our Last year players that came and trained at Mid Ohio
1. Le'veon Bell RB- Michigan State University
2. Jack Tomlinson WR- Ball State University
3. Jude Adjei- Barimah DB- Bowling Green University
4. Antonio Whitfield RB/Track star- Michigan
5. Michael Freeman DB- Iowa Western
6. Jayshon Jackson RB- Grand Rapids
7. Taven Howell LB- Wayne State University (Detroit Michigan)
8. Justin Bell DB- Ohio Dominican University
9. Roger Lewis WR- Ohio
10. Terell Stanford DB- Morehead State University
11. Devin Hill RB- Purdue University
12. Sebastian Smith ATH- Ohio
13. Cameron Hooks OL/DL- Findlay
14. Harold Jones ATH- Findlay
15. Dionne Vassar DB- University of Cincinnati
16. Winston Thomas DB- Whittenberg